Aluminum baseball bats cost up to $400 these days, so taking care of them properly is more important than ever. Here are some tips for taking care of your baseball bat.
- Limit the bat to your individual use only.
- Rotate the bat 1/4 turn each swing.
- Do not use in temperatures below 60° (16° C).
- Do not store the bat in extreme hot or cold temperatures, such as in a car trunk or garage.
- Do not clean metal spikes or cleats with your bat. Use with leather-covered balls only, not plastic or rubber cage balls.
- Do not hit waterlogged balls.
- If using a softball bat, do not use balls that exceed 400lbs. compression.
- Routinely check your plastic end cap and replace it if it cracks or becomes loose.
These simple tips can save your bat wear and tear, and keep you from having to buy a new one every year.