Great Short Hop Drill
This drill is very helpful in teaching you to field short hops cleanly.
- Grab a partner and stand 40 feet apart
- One partner will throw short hops so the ball is hitting within three feet of the other partner. Do twenty then switch
- When you’re fielding, concentrate on having your hands out in front of you and accepting the ball with soft hands using your top hand as well.
- Field the ball then use good footwork and make the throw back to your partner who will be presenting a target.
- Once you master the short hop in front, work on moving the ball around using your backhand and forward hand.